|Cartoon capturing the lunacy of the "Czar" mentality.|
Let's see what the Dictionary says about this all important political term - before making any rash judgments regarding it.... Perhaps, it's really no big deal - in a Representative and Democratic Republic?
- An Emperor, or King.
- An Autocratic Ruler or Leader.
- A Tyrant, or Autocrat.
- A Dictator possessing "Life Or Death" Authority.
- A Slavic and contracted form of the Latin [or Roman] term "Caesar."
- Any person exercising Absolute Authority [or Power] within a given specialized field.
- The term Czar is sometimes applied generally to a powerful leader or to a government administrator with wide-ranging authorities and powers.